Ever since I came off of the Procardia, we have been excitingly awaiting the arrival of our little guy. Most people who come off Procardia go into labor within days, and we were sure we’d be the same. We joked that he’d wait weeks to come, but he must take after my stubbornness because it’s been a week and a half now and no baby.


(I forgot to put the camera back on auto focus when Brandon took pictures of me so this is the only one that came out, but I included it for reference. Promise I don’t look that small from the side. This is pleasingly deceptive)

Last Wednesday, I started having contractions, they got to three minutes apart, not too painful or anything, but close together and they have just kind of stayed that way since then. They even had us come in just to make sure they were real contractions, which they are, but they don’t want to keep me until they get really bad. So for a week and two days now, I’ve been having three minute apart contractions almost 24/7. Sometimes they get really really painful for about an hour, and then just return to mildly painful again. I think he just likes to taunt us!

The good thing is, Brandon and I have been able to get loads done. We moved, set up everything at the new house, Brandon finished building the baby’s changing table, set up the nursery, I sewed lots and lots of baby blankets and burp cloths, went to the hospital once, went on a date, finished all of the thank you cards for baby presents, sold things we didn’t need, prepared frozen meals for when baby comes, visited with Brandon’s cousins who were in town, and a lot more small things. That makes us sound quite productive and busy, but there was still a lot of waiting, and will be since we worked so hard to get everthing done in the first few days. We’re just so excited for our son to come and I’m so close to having him that we can’t help but think about him all the time! I have to remember though, a watched pot does not boil. But my hopes are still high that he will come soon, although it has been 9 days since I went in last to be checked, was having tons of contractions and the midwife said “go home and walk around, I’m sure we’ll see you back here in full on labor in a few hours.” I wish! But we are so happy that he’s taking his time to get healthy and we know he’ll come when he’s good and ready!